Saturday, August 23, 2008
Oh Brad...Brad Pitt Movie List
my obsession with brad pitt is rapidly increasing these days with his new film, burn after reading, coming out in merely weeks. and i have said time and time again that i would actually sit down and watch all his films. well, that time has come again and i will now set another mission for myself that i may or may not finish once again. (the whole harry potter mission ain't going to work out.) and my obsession with brad isn't due to his digustingly good looks or the media's obsession with his ever growing family. but because after years of hating him for being such an idolized pretty boy by both men and women, i finally decided to sit down and watch one of his films. and now, i can't really say ANYTHING bad about him. every one of his character has such originality and versatility because of pitt's abilities to wholly envelope himself in his roles. now, let's list how many more films i have to view to complete his filmography.
What i have watched:
1) Quentin Tarantino's True Romance. (1993) minor role as lazy pot-head, floyd.
2) Annie Rice's infamous book, Interview with a Vampire, adapted into a film. (1994) Tom Cruise's sidekick vampire, Louis de Pointe du Lac.
3) His first partnership with David Fincher for Se7en. (1995) Detective David Mills
4) Terry Gillaim's Twelve Monkeys!!! (1995) Psychotic Mental Patient and Leader of Twelve Monkeys, Jeffrey Goines. This is when he really caught my eye. and the eye of the Golden Globes when he won his first nomination.
5) Sleepers. (1996) Michael Sullivan
6) Meet Joe Black. (1998) This is the only role of his i would not want to watch over again. im sure he only took this role cause anthony hopkins was in it...or that's what i'm going to keep telling myself...
7) FIGHT CLUB (1999) Tyler Durden. Two is the magic number here. the second time pitt is working with fincher. my second favorite role of his next to jeffrey goines. and possibly my first or second favorite film.. EVER.
8) Snatch (2000) a boxer with a killer punch with an irish? accent, Mickey O'Neil.
9) That Friends' Episode. As Ross' friend from high school. HILARIOUS.
10) Ocean's Eleven. Rusty Ryan. this is more of what i thought i would see him playing, the goofy and cocky playa.
11) Mr. and Mrs. Smith. (2005) John Smith. i watched this because of the hype of the whole Aniston-Pitt-Jolie scandal. and was pleasantly surprised that the story and action was very good due to most studios reason to combine these two superstar actors to generate buzz and mula. well it did both! and now, everyones happy. (except, maybe aniston)
12) Babel (2006) Richard Jones. This was heartbreaking and touchingly good to see pitt in this kind of state as his wife, Cate Blanchett, is dying after being shot.
13) The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. (2007) i really thought his role of jesse james would've won him an oscar nomination. he was so convincing and was unbelievably good in a very subtle way. casey affleck was also good in a cringe-worthy way.
now, i didnt expect to have watched so many brad pitt films but every one of them was so different: in their story, roles, and direction.
What i haven't watch:
1) Thelma and Louise. (1991) as the hunk J.D. and it was this debut that got him noticed in hollywood.
2) Johnny Suede. (1991) & Cool World. (1992) these two, he just reallllly needed money. and im shocked. cool world has a 4.2 on imdb. wow..
3) A River Runs Through It. (1992) Paul Maclean.
4) Kalifornia (1993). Early Garyce. I'm actually going to watch this today. HAHA. supposedly its a gangsta fick with David Duchovny as the bad guy. i just dont think that believable. but we'll see.
5) Legends of the Fall. (1994) Tristan Ludlow. i always see this at target but looks incredibly boring so i never even bother to pick it up..
6) The Devil's Own. (1997) Alongside Harrison Ford as sdgkjhsldghsjg (too long, but he has two roles)
7) Seven Years in Tibet. (1997) Heinrich Harrer.
8) The Mexican and Spy Games (2001) Both with big names: Julia Roberts and Robert Redford respectively.
9) Troy. (2004) NOOOoOoOOoOOooo. i would only watch this out of sheer boredom cause i already know he's kind of bad in this. there i said it.
10) The Oceans' Trilogy. Twelve (2004) and Thirteen (2007).
What he's doing next!!:
1) Burn After Reading (2008) as a energetic gym worker, Chad Feldheimer
2) His third David Fincher film, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. (2008) as who else but Benjamin Button. and i'm planning on reading both the book and the script before i watch this in Dec.
3) Tree of Life. (2009) i heard that Aronofsky wanted this but made the fountain instead. but it basically has the same kind of concept.
4) Tarantino's Inglorious Bastard!!! (2009) i love how tarantino is tackling every genre. now, its WAR! with pitt as Aldo Raine.
5) The Fighter. (2009) as what else but the fighter.
6) Chad Schmidt. (2010) i love this one. he is playing Chad Schmidt, who moves to hollywood to pursue his acting career but because of his uncanny resemblance to brad pitt, he becomes a punchline instead of a star.
7) Dirty Tricks (2010) John Dean.
he has a lot of films coming out next year and i cant wait! and he has such a variety of roles coming his way from an army sergeant to a boxer to himself. i'm all very giddy right now.