Thursday, December 17, 2009
the anticipation for avatar is probably killing everyone but have no fear cause the day is here! accordingly to entertainment weekly, here is 8 things you NEED TO KNOW ABOUT AVATAR!
1. it takes place in the future when earth has run out of oil.
2. a moon called Pandora is home to the Na'vi tribe. they live in a giant tree that sits on a vast store of a mineral called unobtainium, which humans want as an energy supply.
3. cameron gave the na'vi feline features to make them more relatable.
4. the na'vi can commune with animals on their planet by literally plugging their ponytails into the creatures nervous systems.
5. to become a warrior, a na'vi must tame and ride a creature known as banshee.
6. sigourney weavers isnt trying to kill aliens-- shes a scientist trying to protect them.
7. steven spielberg, peter jackson, and many others visited the avatar set to check out cameron's new technology.
8. pandora is one of the many moons orbiting a giant gas planet. if avatar is successful, cameron hopes to explore the other moons in future sequels, book, and spin offs. --JR
i cant wait for this weekend. itll be insane. hopefully ill be able to watch it along with my 2o films. i hope to hear some of your thoughts after the weekend.